What is better then a make ahead casserole on a busy morning?
Pop it in the oven, no fuss or mess in the kitchen and in about an hour you have a delicious breakfast!
Every Christmas Eve I make this casserole for Christmas morning so I can spend time with family and not in the kitchen. Any vacation we take this is always such a great recipe to have on hand, it feeds a crowd and frees up your time! There are so many delicious breakfast casseroles out there but this is my all time favorite! It is so easy to customize this recipe based on what sounds best or what I already have on hand. The options are endless with this one and it always turns out oh so yummy!
- Diced breakfast ham is my go to when I'm in a time crunch.
- My favorite tater tots are Alexia, I'm sure you could use hash browns as well!
- I have had my best luck with Cheddar and Gouda cheeses! Im sure Parmesan, mozzerella or a white cheddar would also make for a great combo!
- I use Natures Seasoning more often than salt & pepper combo. I love the extra punch of garlic and onion that is mixed in. If you do not have Natures Seasoning or do not want to try it. Use 1/2 tsp of salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to make 2 tsp of seasoning!
* I have cut this recipe in half and it makes a perfect amount for 4 people or 2 people with leftovers! I recommend baking at the same degree and for the same amount of time.
I hope you enjoy this simple casserole and put your own spin on it! If you make this, share with me what you did!