September, a true kiss goodbye to Summer and a warm hello to Fall. The last of the warm golden days welcoming an orange Autumn, September is beautiful. Always such a fun month with the mix of both seasons, a little best of both worlds wrapped into one month! The weather starts to cool down but is still warm enough to enjoy one last swim, a few late night bon fires and morning coffee on the porch.
It is a really busy month for us so I am truly trying to enjoy and soak in every little moment. Callan is growing so fast and I cant believe how quickly time goes. I remember dreaming about these days of being a mom and having a full schedule and now I am living it and so grateful.
On the radar this month:
- Mums! I always get mine the first of the month and travel up to my moms to get them, they are huge and always so affordable.
- Wine Down Weekend is always Labor Day Weekend. We basically winery hop all weekend to "wind down summer" You can read about my favorite local wineries here.
- Apple picking at Lynds
- Seek No Further Cidery
21st First Day of Fall
- Pumpkin Patch
- Vacation to Michigan
- Sunrise photography session with my favorite photographer, Cait.
Projects on the horizon:
- Garage Bar (we dont have much time to focus and get this space in better shape before the wedding we host at the end of October)
- Finish up the kitchen!
A few things I dont want to forget..
- The weather has been oh so perfect, crisp mornings and evenings have led us to a lot of bon fires and late night rummy games under the pergola lights.
Ive still been walking every morning - its been so good for me to break a little sweat and clear my mind to set my intentions for the day.
Callan loves the water so every chance we get we head to the park and play in the creek. He is becoming so independent already and im mourning those days he really needed me.
Our new countertops have been installed and woof, I'm in love. They are Taj Mahal Quartzite in a leathered finish with a 1/4" bevel edge. We went ahead and ordered a new faucet too, of course I chose more of a timeless look in nothing other than unlacquered brass. Feeling so very grateful for this season of life, all that we are able to accomplish.
Ive been immersed in work and couldn't feel any more thankful for all of my past and current clients for trusting me with a job for such a sacred space, home.
Enjoy this season and every little moment.