breathing dreams like air
August is like the Sunday of Summer
The "back to school" month. No matter where you are in life, school age kids or not, this month always has that fleeting summer feeling which sometimes makes you want to either relax and soak in the sun or celebrate and hold on that much longer. For me, it's a bit of half and half! This month is never too eventful considering there aren't any holidays. The days are long and hot so I spend most August days in and near the pool. I gear up for the Pataskala Street Fair. Last year it didn't happen because of covid but this year it is on! Since we live on Main Street the parade goes right in front of our house which is always such a treat and the perfect gathering spot. We have a big party and invite people over for bloody Marys, a cookout and pool time after the parade! But once that is over the rest of August falls back into a very sleepy, relaxed, over sunned couple of weeks.
Just for fun:
4 National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day
10 National Lazy Day
My August Agenda..
- street fair party
- work on decluttering my closet and focusing on more of an intentional wardrobe
- plan for Halloween costumes
- plan for our Fall family photos
- work on getting out to go for a run once a week
- close on our investment property!
- plan for our next venture
- go to the Winery
- check out the Cidery
- house goals: pergola, back & side porticos
- work on wedding design for upcoming wedding at our house!
Inspo for the month
As summer starts to wind down and the golden sky turns more pink this time reminds me of change, a new season is upon us. Soak in the last bit of this season and where I am now. August slipped away like a bottle of wine . .